About Saldo Kreek
Genre: Acoustic Pop, Progressive Folk/Blues
CD “Panning for Gold” Released: July 1999
CD “New Releases” Released: August 2000
CD “Love Street” Released September 2001
Copyright & Publishing: Saldo Kreek
Kreek was formed in October of 1996 under the premise of writing and
performing original material. In October of 1997, recording began on
tracks that would eventually become their debut CD “Panning for Gold”.
The CD was financed by the band with the intent to create a vehicle that
would display their talents as songwriters and musicians. The release of
“Panning for Gold”, in July of 1999, was a major step for the group.
Two songs from “Panning for Gold” were selected for two individual CD
compilation projects. In July of 2000, Oasis CD Manufacturing selected
“The Devil You’ve Been Paying” for their CD “Oasis Acoustic Sampler”
that was earmarked for radio distribution across the U.S. In August of
2000, a second compilation disc, produced by Bandsolution.com, an
Internet music site, selected “Passed You By” for their CD that is
currently being sold to the general public through their internet site.
Saldo Kreek's second independent release, titled "New Releases", arrived
in August of 2000. Again the band financed this project by investing in
their own digital recording equipment. This six song CD was recorded and
produced by Saldo Kreek over a 3-month period of time.
Nearly five years since the start of the band’s career, the core group
of Ray Johnson, Tom Wade and Dave Bieritz have continued to build upon
their past success and in July of 2001 recorded their 3rd CD, “Love
Street” at Dark Horse Recording in Franklin, TN. "Love Street" was
released in September of 2001 and was produced and engineered by Duane
Scott. Duane’s 30 plus years in the music business has netted him
platinum and double platinum recognition as producer and engineer with
ELO, Dan Fogelberg and Heart.
Saldo Kreek is Ray Johnson: 6 & 12 string acoustic and lead vocals, Tom
Wade: Harmonica, accordion, congas, percussion and lead vocals, Dave
Bieritz: Acoustic & Electric Bass.
• Saldo Kreek writes and performs “all original” material
• Saldo Kreek provides all recording, management, booking, publishing
and promotional services
• Direct Internet marketing and distribution has been established with
Internet music stores
• On-line web site purchasing and mail order is provided by Saldo Kreek
• Local distribution for the CD has been established at independent
record stores in St. Charles IL. Geneva IL. and Batavia IL.
• College Radio airplay has been achieved at WRVG, 50,000 watt station
in Louisville, KY and KASU-FM, 100,000 watt station at Arkansas State
University in Jonesboro, AR. In Illinois, WDBX in Carbondale and WQUB in
Quincy have added "Love Street" to their rotation.
• Internet Radio airplay has been achieved at Dhnet Radio in South
Radio.com in El Segundo, CA and Chicago Local Radio in Chicago.
• The St. Charles Republican, Kane County Chronicle, The Daily Herald,
Beacon News and Suburban Nitelife have run feature articles on Saldo
• Saldo Kreek has performed as the headlining act at The Fox Rox
Festival in St. Charles IL, Milk Pail Days in East Dundee, The Harvest
Moon Festival in Geneva IL and has appeared as the opening act for Bryan
White at Great America’s Country Weekend in Gurnee IL.
• Nominated for "Best Original Band of 1999 and 2000” in the Suburban
Nitelife Readers Poll
• “Devil You’ve Been Paying”, from “Panning for Gold”, selected for the
compilation CD produced by Oasis CD Manufacturing, “Oasis Acoustic
Sampler” in July of 2000
• “Passed You By”, from “Panning for Gold”, selected for the compilation
CD produced by Bandsolution.com, an Internet music site, in August of
• Saldo Kreek's 3rd CD, titled "Love Street" released September, 2001